I’ve become a big fan of PRLog.org for the incredible amount of value the site offers free. Many businesses don’t send out press releases – but should. Why not get some free publicity? PRLog plays out well in Google News (google.com/news). It’s not a fancy site but it’s powerful.
The home page has a PageRank of 6 and as far as I know you get a permanent link. I’m convinced that right now there is not a better free press release distribution site.
9 Reasons Why You Should Submit your News to PRLog.org
- You can embed a YouTube video into your press release (follow the instructions given in the link).
- You can schedule your press release up to 2 weeks ahead of time or have it go live immediately (can take up to 24 hours but I’ve been seeing very fast turnaround – within minutes).
- Gives stats about how many clicks and where they came from. Shows what words or phrases brought traffic in search engines. This is pretty amazing that you get this free.
- Gets your news on Google News (not every single press release makes the standard but they are submitted to Google News.
- Feeds to over 40k RSS feeds so headlines show up on partner web sites.
- You can include an image in your press release + a logo.
- You can go back and delete or edit your press release after its live.
- Your URL links will be live links (no anchor text).
- Can include up to 3 categories (use all 3)
Now, for some screen shots so you can see what I mean.
It’s free to Submit your News:
Here’s the submission page:
Here’s the page where you can manage all of your press releases:
Here are the free stats you get on each press release (this is new). On some of our press releases their are multiple peaks for weeks after the news goes live. Note: the Facebook Page is not for WebMarketingWeekly.com but for my cohost Nigel of SEO by Swaby.
Notice that beyond PRLog.org many of the clicks are coming from social media sites. This shows the importance of promoting your news online on sites like Twitter and Facebook – which I talk about in my online press releases book, “I Need a Killer Press Release, Now What??” and the Killer Press Release Book and DVD Combo
The reason you have to get links to your press release is because Google News, Yahoo News and others aren’t permanent link and most people won’t click through to your site. However, if you’re linked to and covered on other sources you’ll see better results long term.
For really killer news I suggest using a paid service too, but every press release you send out should also be included in PRLog.org. It’s just too good right now not to.
Getting Started with Google News (seomoz.org)
Press Releases are Referral Engines! Learn How to get business leads and traffic with the Killer Online Press Releases book & DVD combo
10 Responses to “9 Reasons to Use Free Press Release Site PRLog.org”
Leave a Reply